History Wildlifepark Aurach
Wildlifepark Aurach - a piece of tradition!
1972 our Wildlifepark was established here in the Kitzbühel Alps. Prince Dr. Heinrich Reuss leased it at the start from Alois and Elisabeth Pletzer (the grandparents of the owner Andrea Pletzer-Gasser) It started of with only 6 deer and today we count nearly 300 animals in our park. Our Wildlifepark was officially opened to the public in 1973. Back then there was no road leading up to our Wildlifepark. The road was built in the coming up year. The family owned farm house 'Branderhof' was built in 1723 and was nominated to be a 'Erbhof' in 1980 due to the fact that the farm house was owned for over 200 years by Family Pletzer!
1977 withdrawed Prince Dr. Heinrich Reuss from the Wildlifepark. Alois & Elisabeth Pletzer are taking over with their 4 children Oswald, Traudi, Lisi & Lois. The Pletzer family extended the Wildlifepark more and more over the years. A variety of animals was chosen to make the Wildlifepark an interesting place to visit for people from close and far.
In 2006 Oswald Pletzer (the oldest son) took over the Wildlifepark. Oswalds sisters Traudi & Lisi are supporting him in the Restaurant and with the decorations & flowers. Alois Pletzer died in May 2008 and his wife Elisabeth in September 2009.
Since December 2015 Andrea Pletzer-Gasser (the daughter of Oswald Pletzer) took over the family owned Wildlifepark with support of her partner Mike.